“Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” ― John F. Kennedy
The quality of Appris’ management training is recognised by the key associations within the sector including CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personal Development) and ILM (Institute for Leadership and Management).
Through these accreditations we can deliver professionally recognised qualifications to increase the manager’s skill, knowledge and confidence and help increase productivity, efficiency and morale within the workplace.
We will help them to learn new skills and behaviour to improve the way they work and the performance of the team. We can also deliver bespoke programmes, to meet your business needs, and team building events.
To review each of the courses, click the tab title to the left.
The ILM Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading qualification is designed for new and aspiring team leaders. It gives an in-depth introduction to the role and responsibilities of a team leader.
To achieve this ILM qualification, candidates will be required to complete a workbook demonstrating understanding of the skills and behaviours required to be a Team Leader.
The interactive workshops will cover provide the knowledge required to complete the following units:
- Developing yourself as a team leader
- Improving performance of the work team
- Planning and monitoring work
- Developing the work team
- Understanding change in the workplace
- Maintaining a healthy and safe working environment
- Workplace communication
- Leading your work team
- Setting team objectives in the workplace
The programme can be developed to meet organisational needs and individual learning requirements.
Attendance: Delivered in our training suite at Bradford during 9 full day workshops, we will provide the knowledge, tools and confidence required to be a Team Leader.
Cost: £1000 + VAT
The ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management course is a series of interactive workshops are aimed at those who have management responsibilities and want to develop their abilities. This qualification also supports practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management.
Delivered in our training suite at Bradford during 12 monthly full day workshops where we will provide the knowledge, tools and confidence required to be an effective Manager.
To achieve the ILM qualification there will be a number of assessment methods including, report writing, structured questions and presentations.
The interactive workshops include:
- Writing in a business context
- Improving management performance
- Induction of new staff, training and coaching
- Organising and delegating
- Site visits and tribunal visit
- Recruitment and selection
- Discipline and conflict management
- Stress management
- Giving briefings and making presentations
- Gathering and interpreting data and costs/budgets
The programmes can be developed to meet organisational needs and individuals learning requirements.
Duration: delivered over 1-day monthly sessions for 12 months.
Cost: £2000 + VAT
Learners can attend the workshops only for £1800 + VAT per person if ILM certification is now required.
The ILM VRQ Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management course is aimed at Middle to Senior Managers who are looking to develop their Leadership and Management skills and gain a highly recognised qualification.
In the business world that we know today it has never been more important to ensure that we are leading and managing our teams to perform.
This course will help you to assess your Leadership style and put the skills and knowledge that you learn on the course into use to get results.
The programme is run over a 14 month period with 14 interactive workshops run on a monthly basis which cover the following:
- Developing and assessing your leadership style
- Organisational culture, values, vision and ethics
- Mental toughness, emotional intelligence and critical thinking
- Managing for efficiency and effectiveness
- Successfully delegating authority to get results
- Change it is going to happen – how you manage it and implement it is what counts
- It’s a numbers game – finance for non-financial managers
- HR for non- HR Managers
- Recruitment and Selection – how to get it right
- Making professional presentations
- Managing stress, conflict and holding those difficult conversations
- What does the future hold? Understanding work in a contemporary society – are you ready
Programme schedule available on request.
Attendance: 14 month programme with 1-day sessions per month at Appris Training Centre.
Cost: £2200 + VAT
ILM Level 2 Certificate in Effective Team Member course is a series of interactive workshops are aimed at anyone wanting to improve the skills needed when working in and amongst teams.
Delivered in our training suite at Bradford during 4 full day workshops, we will provide the knowledge, tools and confidence required to be an effective Team Member.
To achieve this ILM qualification, candidates will be required to complete a workbook demonstrating understanding of the skills and behaviours required to be an effective team member.
The interactive workshops include:
- Full induction
- Understand what teamwork is
- Know how to contribute to a positive work environment within a diverse team
- Review own performance as a team member
- Know how to manage yourself and your time in line with team goals
- Understand how to use physical resources efficiently
- Know how to contribute to problem solving
- Communicate effectively within a team
- Understand the importance of communication within a team
- Understand what is required when communicating with those outside the team
- Know how to deal with conflict
- Know how to manage yourself in a stressful situation
- Understand the legal requirements as a team member
- Understand what your responsibilities for health and safety are
Duration: 4 days
Cost: £500 + VAT
CIPD Foundation Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice is the perfect course for those just beginning a career in HR or on the first few rungs of the ladder who want to attain a CIPD qualification.
The course will enable delegates to:
- Develop as an effective human resources or learning and development practitioner
- Understand the role of human resources and organisations
- How to analyse, record and effectively use HR information
- Support good practice in managing employment relations
- Deliver learning and development activities
- Support good practice in performance and reward management
Topic areas are:
- Knowledge and skills to be an effective HR practitioner
- Delivering timely and effective HR services
- Being a reflective practitioner and planning for personal development
- Operational HR
- Organisational structures, cultures and functions
- The support role of HR
- Absence management and grievance
- Managing the disciplinary process
- Collection and analysis of HR data
- Presentation of HR data to inform decision makers
- Employment law at the start of the employment relationship
- Recruitment and selection
- Induction/contracts of employment
Delivered by practicing HR Managers, with more than 30 years’ experience at Appris’ modern, fully-equipped training offices in Bradford.
Duration: 12 months
Cost: £1300 + VAT
NOTE: Costs do not include membership fees that are paid directly to the CIPD.